Unions call for a rise of £1.60 per hour or 7%—whichever is highest
On 25 January, we submitted our pay claim to COSLA for this year’s Scottish local government pay deal.
We are calling for a one-year deal with
- a rise of £1.60 per hour or 7%, whichever is greater
- a call for early negotiations to ensure the pay deal is implemented by 1 April
Download the full pay claim for 2024/25 (PDF).
The Council are only budgeting for a 3% pay rise, but they are already doubting that this is enough—see 4.11 in the budget report to the Finance and Resources Committee.
Continue reading “Pay claim 2024”
Thank you to every member who took part in our PAY 24 survey.
The workers that mostly engaged with us were in Waste and Cleansing and Social Care.
The feedback was that most members
- want a flat rate increase, rather than percentage
- work a 37-hour week
- see improving pay as the prority
- see a 4-day working week as the second most important thing to campaign for.
We will now create a pay claim and share it with Unison and GMB, so we can agree a claim to submit to COSLA within the next couple weeks.
We will look for the claim to include
- a flat-rate pay rise
- a shorter working week
- a trial of a 4-day week, with no loss of pay
- a quick settlement.