Read Unite’s advice on the coronavirus for up to date advice and information about what Unite is doing to support you during this pandemic.
The Council’s advice for staff contains advice on
- who should stay off work
- special leave for staff off due to school closures
- working from home.
The Chief Executive’s updates are a good source of information on breaking developments.
Contact your rep for any specific issues or let us know your questions in the comments below.
Get support and make your voie heard as the Council reviews the localities model
The localities review started on 2 March and is set to impact over 700 staff across Communities and Families and Place. Potential outcomes include:
- changes to jobs—from small to significant
- job losses
- changes to the department you are in and how you are managed.
As with all reviews it is important that you have your say. If you spot a better way of doing things, you should propose this.
Continue reading “Localities review”
Standing up and speaking out against council cuts
Yesterday, Unite reps and members met outside the City Chambers before the Full Council budget meeting to demonstrate against the continued cuts to services and jobs.
Your branch officials gave a deputation to speak out against the cuts and raise our concerns with
- the impact of cuts on citizens and workers
- spending on debt interest payments
- using digital technology to make savings and deliver services
- the use of a 3-year budget when the Council only has a 1-year settlement from the Scottish Government, especially in these changing times
- exclusion of citizens and workers with disabilites due to how digital technology is introduced.
Watch the webcast—our deputation is item 3d and read our brief guide to the budget below.
Continue reading “Council budget 2020”