If you are having difficulties in your job, we can help. We can
- let you know your rights
- help you raise concerns
- represent you in disciplinary and grievance procedures
- find legal representation for you
- advise on health and safety.
We understand that members may be experiencing difficulties out of work. The organisations below can help .
Benefits and financial help
Support and advice
- Granton Information Centre supports residents in the north of Edinburgh with money matters and housing issues.
- Community Help and Advice Initiative (CHAI) offer support and advice in the west of Edinburgh with money matters, housing and substance misuse issues.
- Citizens’ Advice Bureau has five centres across the city, advising on all sorts of issues.
- The Advice Shop offer advice on debt and welfare rights.
- The Council’s details of benefits and grants, including crisis grants.
- Crew 0131 220 3404: provides guidance and support on drug taking and sexual health
- Unite Legal Services provide one free 30 minute legal consultation on any topic for each member.
- Civil Legal Advice Office can offer legal help around benefits, debt and housing.
Health and disability
- Edinburgh Health and Social Care Partnership directory of community services – helpful for those with disabilities and long-term health conditions
- The Action Group 0131 475 2315: provides support, advice and advocacy on a range of issues for children and adults with support needs and learning difficulties, and support for carer
- Health in Mind 0131 205 8508 provides a range of support services for people suffering from mental health-related issues
- Access 2 Work provides and funds support at work for people with a disability or health condition.